Board Certified Neurosurgeon
Dr. Taylor L. Gist is a board certified neurosurgeon licensed in the state of Texas. He is a native Texan who was born in Irving and raised in Southlake, a suburb of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro-plex.
Dr. Gist attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas on an academic scholarship where he was selected into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. He then completed his medical school training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School where he was selected into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society.
Dr. Gist completed neurosurgery residency at Houston Methodist Hospital where he was trained extensively over seven years in complex brain and spine operations. This training was done in part by the neurosurgeons comprising the Neurosurgical Group of Texas who asked Dr. Gist to join their practice after completion of his residency. He was then promoted to full partner in the practice within one year.
Dr. Gist treats a variety of neurosurgical conditions including low back pain, sciatica, radiculopathy, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, disk herniations, scoliosis, complex spinal deformities, spinal fractures, brain and spine tumors, trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm, carpal tunnel syndrome, and Chiari malformations. He has extensive experience in minimally invasive, microscopic, and image guided spine and brain surgery.
Dr. Gist and his wife, a native Houstonian, live in Houston with their three daughters.
Undergraduate School: Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
Residency: Houston Methodist Hospital, Texas Medical Center
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurosurgeons (CNS)
- Harris County Medical Society (HCMS)
- Houston Neurological Society (HNS)
- Texas Association of Neurosurgeons (TANS)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
Ambulatory Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Houston Premier Surgery Center in the Villages
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Memorial Village
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
- HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital